Social Studies Term II
The Peopling of the United States
Overview: Students will learn how five ethnic groups- American Indians, Latinos, European Americans, Africans Americans, and Asian Americans - came to the US and contributed to its growth and development.
- Students will know that countries are formed of different ethnic groups.
- Students represent what they have read in their drawings.
- Students research on different groups from their community.
Unit 3 test on 12th February Sunday
A Train Tour of the Northeast
Overview: Students in this unit will learn about the the Northeast regions of the US. Students will also discover what life was like for factory workers in Lowell, Massachusetts.
- Identify the advantages and dis advantages of democracy, mass production, and laws.
- Categorize key elements of the economy, geography, government, history, and people of the northeast.
- use a map of the region to trace the route of a tour through the Northeast
- Analyze working conditions in the textile mills of Lowell, Massachusetts.